1. The City of Westminster Utility Department is currently accepting applications for a Laborer. Salary range is $25,406.31-$33,028.19 with state retirement and health benefits. Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with occasional overtime. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Return all applications to City Hall at 100 E. Windsor Street or by mail PO Box 399, Westminster, SC 29693. The City of Westminster is an EOE.
2. The City of Westminster is accepting applications for a Trainee (entry level) through Class D or higher Water Treatment Operator. Applicant must possess a high school diploma and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical. Applicant must have the ability to pass certification tests. Applicant must be able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. 2 Year College degree in math/science and or strong maintenance background desirable but not required.
Treatment process, monitoring, evaluating and adjusting chemical feed systems, pumps, and water filters.
- Operation of process equipment and instrumentation, utilize SCADA system to monitor and operate treatment units.
- Maintenance of process equipment and instrumentation, assisting operators with maintenance and calibrating laboratory instruments.
- Collection of samples and interpretation of analysis, collecting routine and daily samples, analyzing samples and recording results.
- Plant process control laboratory analysis, conduct jar testing, pH, chlorine, turbidity, fluoride, microbiology.
- Plant security, safety and administrative procedures, complete safety classes, security monitoring of building and facilities, preparing purchase orders, filing.
Pay range: $12.09 entry level - $15.72 for D License. Candidates are automatically considered for higher pay for each higher level certification they obtain. Pay negotiable for C License or higher level license. Full and part-time positions are available. The City of Westminster pays for training and examinations. Interested applicants should apply at City Hall, 100 E. Windsor St., Westminster, SC 29693. 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday
3. The City of Westminster Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Shift Lieutenant / Training Officer through Friday, May 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM. All prospective candidates should possess the following: High School Diploma or G.E.D, Valid SC Drivers license, 1154 NFPA Firefighter II or equivalent, 4171 SC Fire Instructor I or equivalent, 2722 Hazardous Materials Operations or equivalent, First Responder Certification, and at least 2-4 Years Experience in a progressive fire department. Preferably the candidate should also posses Fire Officer I or equivalent, and possess at least a Class B CDL License.
This will be 24 hour shift work; employee will work every third day. Candidate will be the shift officer for one of the three shifts. The Westminster Fire Department operates a minimum staffing of one person at night, which is the shift officer.
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 100 Windsor Street, Westminster, SC. 864-647-3203 or at the Westminster Fire Department. 864-647-3206
All applications and resumes should be received by the date above.